Confidentiality and Privacy
I am strongly committed to maintaining your confidentiality and privacy.
- I strictly conform to the HIPAA laws.
- I will not discuss your case with anyone without your written consent with exceptions to legal limits of confidentiality.
- My voicemail is password protected and accessible only to me.
- All paper files are kept in a locked filing cabinet.
- All electronic information is encrypted and stored on a secure computer.
- E-mail is not a secure form of communication, and therefore, you should not include any sensitive clinical information in your messages to me.
Insurance and reimbursement
- I accept Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO and Blue Cross Insurance.
- For Health Insurance, I use a billing company that is HIPAA compliant.
- I also accept private pay.
- If you carry a different insurance, you would have to pay out of pocket, but some insurance companies provide out-of-network benefits and might reimburse some to all of your sessions. You would have to check with your insurance company (ask about out-of network benefits and tell them you are seeing a licensed clinical psychologist) to find out if this applies to you prior to our first meeting.
- Medical reimbursement accounts: You can use a pre-tax health reimbursement account (HRA, also known as “flexible spending accounts”) to pay for my regular fee or for the insurance co-payment. You may create/adjust these accounts annually or whenever your (or your partner's) employment or family situation changes. We can estimate the number of sessions that you would need. Such accounts are offered by employers; check with your benefits officer for details.
Hours and cancellation policy
- I offer flexible daytime and evening hours between the hours of 12pm and 8pm. By appointment only (617-714-4058). Walk-in therapy is not available.
- Twenty-four hour cancellation notice is required to avoid being charged for the full session. Please note that insurance companies do not reimburse for cancelled sessions; in case of less than 24 hour notice, you will be responsible for the full session fee.
- If you cannot make it to the office in person, it is possible to do a session by phone (not on the first session); insurance companies generally do not reimburse for phone sessions.